Thursday, May 21, 2009

tina, eat the food

I've realized recently that I dislike foods that are commonly liked and I like foods that are commonly disliked. Not necessarily in everything I eat, but there are a few striking examples. So I made a little list, kind of. It's incomplete, but here's a "taste" (hahaha PUN)

Foods I don't like that make people look at me funny:

-potatoes. I don't know why, but they just really do nothing for me. Especially baked potatoes. It seems to me that people eat them with mounds of butter and cheese and whatever else, which totally overbears the actual potato, so why even bother with the potato in the first place? They're just so bland and icky. But I must admit that on Thanksgiving, I make myself eat a little mashed goodness, because it's tradition. Oh, and this excludes french fries and the occasional tater tot, of course

- guacamole / avacado. I try really really hard to like it. Really, I do. But it just tastes so-blehg-to me! I see people at those chips-and-dips type parties totally coveting the guacamole bowl and loading their chips with it with expressions of delight, but I can't do it. My tongue just refuses to like it.

Foods I love that make people look at me funny:

-pickles!
I love love love pickles, which grosses people out a lot...haha. But really, I think pickles on sandwiches or pickles plain from the jar are a lower form of heaven. Seriously, if I'm snacking and there is nothing else in the house - out comes the pickle jar.

-mushrooms! stuffed, sauteed, chopped - you name it, I looove it. And on pizza with cheese = perfection!

-kiwis whole! so this one doesn't reallyyy count because plenty of people eat kiwi, but not that many people eat kiwis WHOLE. As in, the skin and everything. But I do ;)




I am....odd. Let's just face it.

No comments:

Post a Comment