Wednesday, February 23, 2011

brights + golds





I recently got a few new additions to my accessory collection in the form of necklaces!

They're actually rather out of the ordinary for me in terms of their general aesthetic. Usually I tend to go for more mellow colored, vintage-inspired/romantic pieces but these really have captured my love. The purple rock piece is from Forever 21 and I really jumped on this trend of stone pieces in jewelry. I love its whole tribal and natural vibe. And I think this particular necklace's color is unusual and quite pretty.

The fish necklace was a gift from my best friend for my birthday, and I ADORE it! She knows my taste too well. I just am in love with the turquoise color against the gold details. And the best part is that it can move and is totally flexible! I am already foreseeing lectures when I'll be playing and fiddling with it the whole time.




I found this amazing bag a while ago while thrifting and I had to share it. It's got this amazing metal texture that almost feels scale-like and it was just too weird and unique for me to pass up! It's a little hard to figure out what to wear it with and when but it's such a cool piece that I'm determined to figure it out.

And speaking of thrifting, I've noticed that lately a lot of my buys have been from retail shops and I really want to get back into the swing of thrifting more! I have only gone a few times over the last couple months and my inner frugal treasure hunter is aching for more!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment